Asian Farro Medley with Salmon
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 1/3 cups + 1 salmon fillet •
Calories: 403 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 55 g • Fiber: 7 g • Protein: 30 g • Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 701 mg • Cholesterol: 55 mg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 lemons, juice of
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 14 oz wild salmon fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp sambal chili paste
- 7 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions, divided
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Mix honey, juice of half a lemon, garlic powder, and 1 tbsp of the soy sauce in bowl. Add salmon to marinade and set aside in refrigerator up to 30 minutes turning once after 15 minutes; reserve the marinade.
To prepare the farro – add farro with 3 cups of water to sauce pan. Boil on medium high, covered. Lower heat to medium low and allow to cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or according to directions on package. If any water is left, drain and set aside.
While the farro is draining, in a large non-stick skillet, add te remaining ingredients: 2 tbsp soy sauce, oyster sauce, remaining lemon juice, crushed garlic, and Sambal Chili Paste. Add mushrooms, ginger, snap peas, 1/4 cup scallions and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the farro and toss with the vegetables.
Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat sprayed lightly with cooking spray, remove salmon from marinade but do not discard, cook salmon 2 minutes on each side then add the marinade, cover and cook on low heat 5 minutes. Serve the vegetables and farro in a dish and top with salmon, remaining scallions and sesame seeds.
holiday in spain
cauliflower rice vegetable paella
cooking time: 20 minutes
servings: 4 - 6
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 small onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 small fennel, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 head of cauliflower, riced
8 brussel sprouts, quartered
1 cup mushrooms, oyster work well
1 lemon, juiced
½ cup vegetable broth
¼ cup hot water
1 - 2 pinches saffron
½ tsp smoked paprika
2 pinches cayenne pepper
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large jar artichoke hearts in water, drained + quartered
3 green onions (green + white part), sliced
15 green olives, halved
2 tbsp capers
cilantro, for garnish
1. in a paella pan or large skillet, warm coconut oil + add onion, fennel + bell peppers. saute for 5 minutes. season with salt
2. add in garlic, cauliflower, brussel sprouts + mushrooms. salt + saute for 5 minutes
3. steep saffron threads in hot water for 5 minutes
4. stir in saffron liquid, lemon juice, vegetable broth, paprika, cayenne + peas. cook for another 5+ minutes or until majority of liquid has evaporated.
5. add in tomatoes + artichokes + cook for 2 minutes. remove from heat + garnish with green onions, olives, capers + cilantro. salt to taste.
Burrata Caprese Salad2 balls fresh burrata cheese4-6 heirloom tomatoes, slicedhandful of fresh basil leavesextra virgin olive oil, the fruitier the bettergood quality balsamic vinegarkosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
•dinner• på We Heart It.
Quinoa Stuffed Avocados…RECIPE